6 Minutes Walk Test
Know if you have #Hypoxia or inadequate oxygen in your body
Recommended for asymptomatic or mild and moderate #COVID19 patients who are being treated at home.
Steps to follow:
- Record your Oxygen Saturation using an Oximeter.
- Walk around the room for 6 minutes continuously with the Oximeter attached to your finger and observe the reading.
- Record your Oxygen saturation soon after the walk.
Consult your doctor immediately if:
- there is a drop in saturation below 94%, or
- an absolute drop of more than 3-5%, or
- you feel unwell (lightheaded, short of breath) while performing the test or at the end of 6 minutes
Do note that:
- The test can be repeated every 6 to 8 hours.
- It should not be done in people older than 70 years, those with uncontrolled asthma & pregnant patients
📍6 Minutes Walk Test
✅ Know if you have #Hypoxia or inadequate oxygen in your body
— #IndiaFightsCorona (@COVIDNewsByMIB) June 9, 2021